Centre of Excellence in Urban Planning and Sustainable Urban Development
In 2003, the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology considered the University of Tehran's School of Urban Planning as a center of excellence in the fields of urban planning and urban design. Two years later and with an addition of new members the Centre of Excellence in Urban Planning and Sustainable Urban Development (CEUPSUD) continued its activities under a new title. In 2008, after three years of activity, the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology confirmed the status of CEUPSUD as permanent.
The CEUPSUD members are among the most prestigious academics in Iran and their research contributions in the form of books, journal publications, research projects, organizations, associations and conferences, are comparable to the best academic centres in Iran and abroad. The research goals of CEUPSUD includes the following:
- finding solutions to the urban planning problems in Iran,
- developing sustainable city design,
- reviewing pedagogical programs with respect to the needs of a sustainable city,
- managing different GIS centres,
- hosting national and international seminars and conferences about sustainable urban development,
- developing guidelines for sustainable urban development in Iran,
- analyzing the potentials of eco-tourism in Iran.
Centre of Excellence in Urban Planning and Sustainable Urban Development (CEUPSUD)
School of Urban Planning
College of Fine Arts, University of Tehran,
Enghelab St., Tehran, Iran.
P.O. Box: 14155-6465
Tel: +98 (21) 88997866